Monday, July 11, 2011

Symbian Theming Update

First words that came out of my mouth when I launched Carbide.ui Symbian Theme Edition: OMG!

I dived head first in this and almost got drowned. The personalization level on themes is just staggering, but in the best way possible because that way you really can make your dream theme. I just had no idea that it was that detailed.

I haven't made one yet, I'm still trying to get a feel of what I could do in it. I was surprised that the theme engine uses the RGB color model in it. Down to borders and 2-toned gradient backgrounds.

So I made a theming to-do list.
  1. First is to finalize the concept and design of the theme.
  2. Prepare a color palette list for reference when assigning it on Carbide.ui.
  3. Prepare images to be used.
  4. And this may be cheating but base the theme or work on top of a theme that already has a solid icon set. I think there would be too much tinkering if I were to assign icon on each and every iconable items especiall for this theming virgin.
I haven't played with it too much but I really hope that there is a unified object editor for specific objects like buttons that you can style and theme and make those changes theme-wide with just a click. From what I initially saw, I have to style it on every screen.

Ok, I need some paletting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment