Monday, July 25, 2011

Dwindling

Has it ran its course already? I hope not.

I am finally getting the hand of Carbide.UI Theme edition. The theme is looking great but with all that I found out lately, they're all a huge shock and some were appalling.

I dove into the whole Symbian "advocating"-esque phase abruptly and as you can tell from the blog, quite recently. I liked what I saw on the coming Symbian updates, I really like the latest phones. But then as I roam the web, trying to consume as much Nokia as I could, I am finding unfavorable things, a lot of them actually. The sales, the support, the dying platform. I read about Elop's February speech back then but didn't cared because I was set to get an Android then, even though I haven't saved enough for the one I wanted, I was sort of obsessing on it, just like recently with Nokia. Deja vu. But I love Nokia. I already went through 4 Nokia phones in a span of 10 years, I really love the brand. I really want to contribute to the community but the though of the burning platform always comes and I am having second thoughts on investing to it.

Recently, there were promotions and contests for free Nokia units. I joined them all and lost. I really thought that it was my chance to own one of the latest units from Nokia. That fueled my fire more, so I joined more forums, read on more on Qt development (Qt Quick seems amazing btw) and became more passionate for it until I got hit on the face with defeat. I know it's wrong to assume that much on such things. I know that it is the most stupid thing to assume that I will be the one who'll get picked and win. It felt like I was the only one in the crowd waving the coat of arms of Nokia. Stupid, I know, but could you blame the fanatic in me wanting to get my hands on them? The angry loser in me thinks that the contest was rigged (though I wasn't alone) and the current N9 codes are just !@#$%^&*!

My 5800XM turns itself off way too many times, it's screaming for a replacement. I am just not sure if my next phone will be Nokia again.

Damn, I wish Oprah was still on. And maybe ask for an E7 or an N8 or the E6. I'm such a picky beggar. LOL

And I ramble way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment